List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: icons on buttons
From:       bozhan () mail ! bg
Date:       2008-01-12 18:29:59

   wow i know it:)

   mentioning Windows and Apple will catch your attention.

   let see how much of you used Borland Delphi:)

   icons are BAD, and that is what i am talking about.

   usability and nice looking must walk hand in hand.

   right now i can't provide screenshot of buttons for three dektops
to express myself better.

   but i hope that you don't think that you are invented usability .
:)
if i am wrong .
sorry.
thanks

ps. i have tried to explain same thing to GNOME but they just like you
change the point
to the catch up(widows and apple), but my point is that adding V to OK
and X to Cancel
was designer view before almost 10 years!
Most of the buttons don't need icon.(dot)

I can't change this thing and i am leaving you to find the truth by yourself.

CHEERS :)

   Öèòàò îò Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com>:

> On 1/11/08, bozhan@mail.bg <bozhan@mail.bg> wrote:
>>

>> Hiiii, Happy new year and new KDE.
>>
>> I just want to suggest you to remove icons from bottons.
>>
>> I understand that most of you did't see other decktop instead KDE
since 1998
>> and since then Win3.11 but placing icons on buttons was droped
from desktops
>> since windows 95 :) and after migrating to other visual tools
instead of
>> Borland Delphy
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> ps. if you don't belive me search in google for screenshots for
MacOS X and