List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on toolbars in KDE
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-12 15:53:37

The problem I see with "normal" (edible) comboboxes is that many*
simple don't know that you select the value with a click; instead,
I've seen people selecting the text by dragging the mouse, or clicking
twice (don't ask me why) to delete the previous value with
backspace/delete (and then enter a new value).

To me, it's more clear with the widget in my mockup that you simply
click to enter a new value.

However, when speaking about consistency, I would agree that it's
better with a normal combobox on hover. (I still don't like the idea
of always showing the combobox, though)

---
* This refers to what I've seen and experienced myself; no actual
usability tests or anything.