List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Name of Control Center in KDE 4
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-10-12 15:11:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> [: Allen Winter :]
> The options so far AFAIK are:
>
>   1) personal settings
>   2) user settings
>   3) system settings
>   4) control center
>
> I vote for option #4.

(For no particular reason I suddenly feel an urge to put my 2 strokes of
paintbrush on the shed...)

It seems to me it is important not so much to differentiate between the
system/user settings, as between the settings which are found inside the
given app and those global for the environment. On top of that, it is also
probably good to emphasise that these global settings can be accessed at one
convenient place.

Thus I would also stick to #4 in this lineup, alternatively suggesting:

  5) Settings central

(where I think initial cap is somewhat important). Having "central" as noun
for a change rings nicely in my ears.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)