List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: System settings vs Configure your computer
From:       kde.dev () tomassmits ! com
Date:       2007-10-12 11:08:28

I think that this counts for most menu items in KDE, not just the system
settings. At one point, a user might end up having 6 different graphics
editors. This is not bad, but it's confusing for people who are no power
users.

I think it might be good to change the whole menu structure so that it reflects
tasks instead of actual applications. Then, a choice could be made between the
application to fulfil that task. This is the same as you propose, but taken a
bit further.