List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How to undo: "Do Not Ask Again"
From:       "Diego Moya" <turingt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-23 15:37:57

I have a better and simpler solution solution: don't do it!!!

"Do Not Ask Again" dialogs stop the current task, which in usability
terms is an annoyance that gets in the way to completion of the user's
goal.

If a warning is required, it should show at the command button BEFORE
the user has initiated the task. This way there's no need to ever hide
it, it can be shown always and it doesn't become intrusive.