List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Oxygen's small open file icon
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-08-12 8:42:33

Hello!

When using a open file textfield the user is presented a small icon next to it
to browse the filesystem. If you have a look at that small icon it is not
distinguishable from a printer, i.e. a rectangle at the bottom and a paper in
the tray at the top.

Since this icon will be used quite often in that size I think it should be
more obvious what it actually stands for.

Is it just me or should I file a bug report? Which other icon should be used
instead? In KDE 3 it was a closed folder and hence there was not white paper
that could make it look like a printer.

Sven