List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Old article about GUI design and usability
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2007-04-26 12:18:21

On Tuesday 24 April 2007, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:

> > > If you meant konqueror, just try pressing / and type a few letters in a
> > > web page.
> >
> > What'it'that?!?! I haven't heard about at all, is that an old option? It
> > is pretty usefull...
>
> It's been around for a while. It was announced in a flurry of trumpets, but
> it's a pretty hidden feature. Maybe it is in the "tip-of-the-day", if
> anyone reads those. There is also type ahead search hidden other places in
> KDE, like in the clipboard history (try just typing a few letters while
> showing the history. Useful for big histories).

On my keyboard (Swedish) the button is not '/' it's '-'. When It did not work
immediately with '/' I figured it might be "hardcoded" to the button and it
was (just besides the right shift button). This should probably be
configurable to be usefull to more people, and needs more visual feedback.

/Kåre