List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Designing improved character selector
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-03-05 16:50:28

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i also still think the "hide details" button should go as the splitter can
> move it out of the way; the class implementing this may also want to have a
> method that allows an application to programmatically hide/show the details
> panel (expand/collapse the splitter?)

One thing I've seen done in e.g. Spybot is to have a visible splitter
with a 'pop out' button on it, that changes to a 'hide' button when the
details pane is visible. This way it's pretty obvious that something is
there if the details are hidden.

Does KDE/Qt currently have anything like this? If not, it might be nice
to have in general, not just for this one application.

--
Matthew
"Have you tried that new mixed drink, 'GDR'"?