List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: A mock for Dolphin manager.
From:       Iñaki_Baz_Castillo <ibc.listas () ibc ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2007-02-21 21:03:30

El Miércoles, 21 de Febrero de 2007, Mensur Zahirovic escribió:
> Okej

First of all thanks a lot for your responses. The only doesn't convince me is
the 1):

> 1) Why not have a nice banner.. In order to have a nice application a
> picture or something else will improve it.
> It's a part of design. Alot of applications need better improvment when it
> comes to gui.

You speak about Dolphi as an "application". Please, try to ask some Windows
common users which app they use to browse their files. I'm sure that most of
them will reply "I don't know, I just click in My Documents or My PC".

And that is the point, the user doesn't need to know the name of a simple file
browser. That is not an app, it's the heart of the desktop system.

- Why to waste space with a not important banner?
- Will this banner appear when the user clicks in the "Home" icon in Kicker?
- Do you imagine if the menu editor shows a big banner with its app name?

Regards and good job ;)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo