List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Localised folders in /home/user (Documents and > Desktop)
From:       David Roberts <dvdr18 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-27 9:27:00

> We are not building a system for total morons. A "Normal" user can easily
> learn that when I plug in my USB stick an icon appears on the desktop and
> that the files can be accessed by clicking the icon. This same user might
> not care that the URL says /media/MyUSB but it does not hinder him/her. If
> KDE only would show MyUSB in the URL and a non-KDE application would
> show /media/MyUSB, that would be really confusing. "Am I editing the same
> document?"
I agree, I don't see any real problem with the current system. Most "normal
users" don't even look at the location bar, so I don't even see why it's an
issue.

> (I'm using Kubuntu Edgy that's why I have /media/MyUSB not media:/MyUSB and
> I think that is a really great addition to KDE even tho I usually don't
> like distro specific modifications to KDE)
I didn't realise this was Kubuntu-specific. It should definately be part of
KDE, it integrates so much better than media:/

--
David Roberts :)
http://kavenc.sf.net/