List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: reorder windows in taskbar
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-29 20:18:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 12:11, Thomas Hutterer wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > KDE targets today's desktop computer users. This spans a large breadth of
> > user profiles with the majority being not more than moderately technical.
> > We strive to expose enough flexibility to be useful in the variety of
> > professional and academic settings desktop computers are used in while
> > making them accessible and simple enough for those who are not computer
> > experts or enthusiasts.
>
> So this statement would allow it to integrate some advanced features
> inot KDE.

... which is slightly different from "any advanced feature" and certainly
depends on how the integration is done. but with those provisos, yes, you are
correct. i'm still -very- on the fence with the dragging of tasks but am
willing to look at and seriously consider patches.

> Another question: Is it possible to code such a feature as plugin or as
> extension for kicker?

not without replacing the taskbar completely, such as how taskbarv2 does.

these issues are a large part of why i'm pushing further down the "separate
data from presentation" for kde4's desktop.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness