List:       kde-usability
Subject:    "Access Keys" depending on the "view" mode in Konqueror??
From:       Iñaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-08-18 18:02:06

Hi, I'm using Kubuntu Dapper with KDE 3.5.1 and have realized of a very
extrange usability issue:

I've configured F7 for "show/hide hidden files" in Konqueror, but it works
depending on the view mode I am. For example:

If I've selected "icons" view mode I can use F7 to show hidden files, but if
I'm in "tree" view mode I cannot.

And more things: in two cases I open the "Edit" menu and see:
        Copy files...    F7
But if I'm in "icon" view mode I see too:
         Show hidden files    F7
in "View" menu.

How is it possible?

I understand that this is a bug and will report it, but I think is an
important usability issue against the consistency in KDE.

Regards.

--
Iñaki