List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Introducing LikeBack - Quick Feedback from Beta-Testers
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2006-08-13 11:27:13

Le Samedi 12 Août 2006 21:15, Florian Graessle a écrit :
> [...]
> In the case of LikeBack I'd also go for the smileys.

Ok, thanks for the explanations.
Now I'm convinced: I will use smiley icons.

> Another thing is the bug icon. While its meaning is known to
> technical-savvy users, the icon may mean nothing to users unfamiliar
> with the term. In languages other than English the bug icon is totally
> unrelated to the essence of a program error. But I have to admit that
> finding a good "report program error" icon is a really tough nut to
> crack...

It could be an icon of broken glass... Or a broken thing.
I found the following icons (attached for you to see):
- broken: a file that is broken, perhapse the better icon
- stain: there is a stain in the program, something wrong
- virus: perhapse the worst one :-)

And should the word "bug" be renamed?
Suggestion: "I found an anomaly" ?

Another icon will be needed for "Feature wish".
That's also a concept difficult to make an icon of!
I found the "idea" icon, which is an electric light bulb.
I think that iconography is common to represent a sudent idea, wish is near to
the concept of "feature wish".
But is it a common iconography for idea arround the world?
I attached the icon, for you to give advises.

["likeback_wish.png" (image/png)]
["likeback_bug_broken.png" (image/png)]
["likeback_bug_stain.png" (image/png)]
["likeback_bug_virus.png" (image/png)]