List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Regarding KOffice 2.0 goals - feel of the startup screen
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-01 15:23:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 1 August 2006 17:00, Yanis Kekatos wrote:
> hi,
> I know it has been some time since the first message posted, I just
> wanted to say that I am concerned about the efficiency of the start up
> screens that all the koffice applications use.
> Some of them have only one option - to create a blank doc. Wouldn't be
> better if the app just create a blank doc itself?
> If you really insist on keeping the current interface please add a
> 'create a blank doc automatically when the app starts' choice.

Makes me wonder which version you are using, or if its correctly
installed.  All KOffice applications have multiple templates to choose
from, none have just a blank doc.  KWord has about a dozen, for example.

What about checking "always use this template" to do exactly what you seem
to want?
--
Thomas Zander