List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: executing shell script in a servicemenu .desktop file
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-27 1:22:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 13:20, javier Delgado wrote:
> [Desktop Action Encode32]
> Name=32 bit
> Icon=.mp3
> Exec=/bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/reencodemp3 %u"
>
> I have tried moving the %u around, but no success.
> The reencodemp3 script just takes in the name of the
> file and automatically saves the reencoded one
> somewhere in /tmp.  I have tested the script by itself
> and it works.

what command line did you use when testing the script by itself?
what does reencodemp3 expect for parameters?

> As an aside, does anyone know what I can put as the
> Icon entry (the one I have doesn't work)?

any icon, by name (so don't put the .png extension), that exists on disk as
part of your icon theme.

please answer off-list to me personally ... this is the wrong list for this
discussion as noted.

(the link to this mailing list was, iirc, in the "about the author" section.
not in the article itself =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness