List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KIconDialog 0.2
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-03-01 17:22:09

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 23:10, Luke Sandell wrote:
> I have continued to work on KIconDialog. I have redone the interface in
> designer, which also required splitting off KIconCanvas into a separate
> file. I'm not sure why KDE places multiple exported classes in a single
> file in the first place. The latest screenshot screenshot is posted at
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=35528
[...]

What about using icons in the left pane, too? There are 8 categories now
(that is a lot, almost confusing; merging some is "not right" though), but
they fit onto a 640x480 screen in the designer-mockup.

Regarding to the filter lineedit. What about removing the text "Filter"
completely, and instead insert a greyed out "Type to filter" into the
lineedit itself?

greetings,
dominik

["icondialog.png" (image/png)]