List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KIconDialog 0.2
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2006-03-01 9:12:27

Le Mercredi 1 Mars 2006 02:11, Luke Sandell a écrit :
> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 4:16 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > If lockUser is set, should we just gray out the listbox?
> >
> > or hide it.
>
> Except that would mess up the layout with the browse button.

So why not merge it with the filter bar.
If the layout is a QGridLayout, there is only to make the icon view at column
1 and span over 2 columns.

Eventually, space the browse button and the filter bar more (3 or 4 times the
normal spacing) so that user won't confuse (IMHO).

Le Mercredi 1 Mars 2006 09:21, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 00:28, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > exists in the filter bars found around MacOS X, where the clear button is
> > a small round hotspot inside the text field itself (yes, i know, don't
> > refer
>
> having it inside the text field would be far, far better. our current
> "solution" of having an ugly, noisy button hanging around outside is just
> horrid IMHO.

I support this solution.
Having the clear icon inside the lineEdit as a KDE widget would make every
applications better looking.