List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Network monitor and configuration applet
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-20 0:32:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 19 November 2005 03:03, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> I guess that almost any computer has a network-card and/or WLAN-card, so it
> is not reasonable, why the user should have to explicitly start some
> application for WLAN (kwifi) and another service (knemo) for wired-network
> and another app for configuring it.

this came up on kde-core-devel a couple weeks back and i recommended that the
authors for these tools work together in the future and they responded in the
positive.

kevin ottens is writing a hardware layer for kde4 (code is already in svn)
that will make this a lot easier to do (less low level detection code
required in each app).

my recommendation would be to help this process of cooperation for kde4
networking tools by getting involved with those projects in a constructive
manner.

--
Aaron J. Seigo