List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kde-usability Digest, Vol 31, Issue 8
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-19 18:01:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 15:06, fourhead wrote:
> > its simply reducing noise by not having the same quarterly debate
> > over and over again
> >
> > --
> > Celeste Lyn Paul
> > KDE Usability
> > usability.kde.org
>
> Well when this debate comes up so often, then it's obviously a very
> popular and much-wanted feature

I am more inclined to think that lots of developers read 2 usability
stories and suddenly proclaim themselves usability 'experts' and then
start to argue based on their own experiences without any usability
testing or other relevant info.  Trust me, we can tell.

Even refusing to go and read those mailing list archives about discussions
we had before so you won't look silly for asking verbatim the same
questions again.
And then wonder why the usability people that actually got some experience
under their belt fail to counter the arguments they countered just a
couple of months ago.

Its can be so tiring... :)

Aaron, how is that knowledge system that you dreamed out loud about
holding its own?

--
KDE Usability
Thomas Zander