List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kde4 proposal: user expertise
From:       Lasse Liehu <lliehu () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2005-10-19 9:25:19

Olivier Goffart kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko 19 lokakuu 2005
00:31):
> Beginner:  All default option that usabilitty expert think usefull for
> beginners
> Windows: The exact same default as on MS Windows, for those that comes from
> it.
> KDE: kde default,  to get all features of kde enabled by default

What about Cleaned Up (or Simple), Windows and KDE?

Difference with Cleaned Up and Beginner is that Cleaned Up contains options
that most people use and so on. It can contain some options that beginners
don't use, but other people (average user, who have a little more expertise
than a beginner) use.

I think the default should be Cleaned Up, but you can switch that if you want.

Though I think that this like user expertise levels aren't very good thing if
there is some other way to clean up UI to UI that everyone can use powerly,
without user expertise levels.

--
LasseL