List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kde4 proposal: user expertise
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-18 21:31:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Mardi 18 Octobre 2005 23:12, Peppe a écrit :
> I think that KDE4, during the first time wizard, should ask
> the user about his skills (beginners / advanced user). This
> has to reflect into user interface: in fact applications
> developers would have to hide some menus /
> settings /buttons etc to reflect this change.

I also think it should be possible to select a profile for default config.

Beginner:  All default option that usabilitty expert think usefull for
beginners
Windows: The exact same default as on MS Windows, for those that comes from
it.
KDE: kde default,  to get all features of kde enabled by default

Ideally, it should be possible to declare theses different default in the
code.  Using KConfigXT or KConfig dirrectly