List:       kde-usability
Subject:    kde4 proposal: user expertise
From:       Peppe <cerebro84 () vodafone ! it>
Date:       2005-10-18 21:12:38

I think that KDE4, during the first time wizard, should ask
the user about his skills (beginners / advanced user). This
has to reflect into user interface: in fact applications
developers would have to hide some menus /
settings /buttons etc to reflect this change.

e.g.
KMail
Beginner
Toolbar: New message, check mail, reply, forward, trash
Menus: some other action like find and setting, but nothing
more.

All the options.

This way KDE can have all the usability of gnome, the clean
interface of win, and the power of KDE.

Also, I think menus shall be customizable, like msword etc.

I hope I didn't say something that someone else said.

Also, I apologize for my bad english,

Giuseppe