List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Configuration dialogs
From:       fourhead <fourhead () geekspot ! de>
Date:       2005-09-25 10:38:21

Hmm, I don't exactly know how you mean that. When you say that you click
somewhere and a menu pops up, what do you mean? A context menu? A
configuration dialog?. I'm not sure if this would add more complexity than
you think. I'd just put a "configure" button into the toolbar which opens a
clean, simple config dialog, not this mess that you find today. Some programs
have 5+ entries in the "Settings" menu. This is just a mess. It should be
kept simple. You should offer the most needed config topics on the main page,
and have something like an "Advanced" button that extends the dialog so you
can make some further settings if you really need them.

Tom