List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Tip of the day
From:       Benjamin Meyer <benjamin.meyer () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2005-09-07 8:06:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I am curious if anyone knows of a study showing if the tip of the day dialog
box is of any real value.  Logically when someone starts an application they
want to do some task, not learn more about it.  Only later when they are
having trouble they launch help and browse around, they don't want to have to
restart the application just to view the tips.  Right?

I know that even myself have on occasion read through them, but I have also
read through some of the help docs.  Maybe that would be a better place to
put the information.

The reason I bring this up now is that we make changes like this for KDE4.

-Benjamin Meyer