List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Hierarchies et al.
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2005-08-15 19:47:55

Hello,

I'd like to make small comment recent buzz about hierarchies:

PEOPLE DON'T "GET" HIERARCHIES. (from Simon Edwards blog)

Definitely not true. People are living in hierarchies: this is family,
this is stranger; things in queue, things in process, things done; I've
read these books and these not.

People are swimming in hierarchies and orientation in them allows them
to function in *any* society (beginning from tribal Papua, ending in
hi-tech Western country).

But second point is right: people don't like to act according to
someone else organization.

And this is point: completely all ways of default organization data in
computers sucks more or less (definitely more often first option).

Personally I think that solution for KDE is Plasma. Turn desktop into
one big Superkaramba theme with interface very similar to personalized
pages of portals like Google or Yahoo.

m.
Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net