List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Distros spoiling KDE
From:       Harijs Buss <hbush () apollo ! lv>
Date:       2005-08-07 14:48:48

On Sunday, 7. August 2005 17:33, Gérard Delafond rakstija:

> KDE is spoiled in many ways
> I would like to send to Mandriva an official protestation

:-) Wouldn't it be simpler to re-install clean KDE without any modifications?

> My hope is Mandriva furnishes a clean KDE.

Are you _forced_ somehow to use specifically Mandriva?  Take it or leave it.

> Do you agree with it ?

No. I am Mandriva user myself (avoiding betas though) and always have to do
some additional configuring myself.  But I see nothing wrong with some
distro-specific tunings made by Mandriva, if you still have easy possibility
to take them off.  For example, in Mandriva LE with KDE 3.3.2 there is easy
way to revert to default KDE splash: Configure your desktop -> LookNFeel ->
Splash screen -> Default.

Harry