List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Splash screen while waiting for IMAP data to be fetched (Re:
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-31 9:31:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 30 May 2005 21:53, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> If your server consistenly needs 0.5-0.7 seconds then I can understand
> your argument, but I wonder if you're the common case or the exception.
>
> Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

What about storing the time it took to actually update and if smaller then
1500msec make the timeout of the timer higher for a next refresh.
Making a int[10] with the last 10 timeouts (for remote servers) and
selecting the longest timeout, which is still smaller then 1500msec  should
do the trick.

--
Thomas Zander