List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Audiocd
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2005-05-30 14:20:05

On Monday 30 May 2005 3:56 am, John Tapsell wrote:
> Hey,
>
>   I know what you are trying to do with the section "Display"  but I
> dislike it anyway.  I can't think of how else you could do it though.
> Maybe "Song format:" and make the two boxes just one combo.

Rather then the current way where when you browse to audiocd:/ it shows a
bunch of folders, some cda files, and an Information folder it will only show
the tracks in your selected encoder or a single file (the entire album) in
your selected folder.  The Information folder and other encoders will all be
hidden directories.

> It seems to me that the only option the normal user will want to change is
> "Specify CD Device" and entering the device name seems difficult.
> How about:
>
> Use CD Drive:   <editable drop down list>
> [advanced]
>
> The drop down list would contain friendly names for the two drives (maybe
> the mount point since those would be more famiar?)
>
> JohnFlux

Is there a KDE class that will give me a list of all the current CDROM
devices?  Typically the auto detection does a very good job.

-Benjamin Meyer

> On Monday 30 May 2005 06:10, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I am planning on re-working Audiocd for 3.5.  Included in that is a
> > re-work of the kcm module.  Below are links to screenshots (and the ui
> > files) of my current plans.  What do you think?
> >
> > I plan on using the new File Name dialog from Juk.
> >
> > I am also contemplating presenting a drop down of some default settings
> > for each encoder, very similar to what it is iTunes.  What do you think?
> >
> > -Benjamin Meyer
> >
> > http://www.icefox.net/audiocd/audiocd.png
> > http://www.icefox.net/audiocd/audiocd_advanced.png
> >
> > http://www.icefox.net/audiocd/audiocd.ui