List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Removal of alt-f4 shortcut
From:       Christoph Wiesen <chris () deadhand ! com>
Date:       2005-05-24 20:49:32

Am Montag 23 Mai 2005 00:56 schrieb Mark Kretschmann:
> On Monday 23 May 2005 00:07, Matt Rogers wrote:

> > > I very much doubt this is "my personal problem". Why should I be
> > > special?
> > >
> > > Remember, good defaults are essential. I fail to see how a destructive
> > > and error prone function like alt-f4 can be a good default.
> >
> > why are you making 'alt-F4' a common shortcut anyways? The only people
> > that are going to know about 'Alt-F4' are power users so most people will
> > never know that it exists. You could also make the same argument about
> > 'Ctrl+Q' or any other close shortcut.
>
> Not sure what you're getting at, but my point is to remove this shortcut at
> all. No matter if it's alt-f4, ctrl-foo or shift-bar.
>
> Point is: A key shortcut is too dangerous for this function.

So you say it's just too dangerous to be able to clase an application with the
keyboard? Oh come on, this is silly. And alt-f4 is not really THAT easy to
trigger unwantedly - which of those "normal users not needing alt-f4" use any
keyboard shortcut so similar to it anyway?

No, sorry that's just silly.