List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Managing multiple desktops
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2005-05-19 19:26:06

Dnia wtorek 17 maj 2005 10:11, Lubos Lunak napisał:
>  Are you talking about the possibility to manually configure different
> settings for each window, which is as you say to a lesser extent
> possible now even with KWin, or is there something more I'm not aware
> of?

This is bunch of ideas from FVWM which could be nice in KWin. I can live
without them but maybe someone find them interesting:

Possibility to define classes of windows for placing and managing.
Layers (z-index) for window positioning

Another style of desktop managing: Pages and Windows.

Possibility to shade window even if without window decorations. I found
those one pixel lines more efficient in most cases than alt-tabbing or
minimizing.

Do action if window is maximized.

Better handling of mouse gestures. KDE mg require very precise mouse
movement.

Title bars on all sides off window.

Separation of title bar and window.

m.