List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kghostview improvment
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2005-05-14 23:22:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 22:14, schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> Dnia piątek 13 maj 2005 19:48, Pierre-Alexandre Voye napisał:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm usually using kghostview for working and it work slow in my AMDDuron
> > 1,2 Ghz when it decode PDF pages.
> > Kghostview have a very practical function in the left of the page where
> > it show a small picture of each page in the page list.
>
> What version of KDE are you using?
> From 3.4 much better app for PDFs is KPDF.

Indeed.

Still it might be a nice idea to store all pages' previews as metadata, not
only the first one as now. Could be reused both by the pdf viewer and in the
file manager's preview.
To remember the last viewed position might be a nice feature, too, not only
for pdfs but also text and others.

(Sadly the usage of metadata is talked about for ages but still not done.)

Please file these points as whishes with bugs.kde.org if not already present
there. Thank you.

Friedrich