List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker find as you type
From:       Dominik Seichter <domseichter () web ! de>
Date:       2005-05-07 9:40:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Saturday, 7. May 2005 08:44 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Saturday 07 May 2005 03:27, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > > Now what frustrates _me_ in this thread is an answer like "i don't see
> > > the need to use the ALT key" :-)
> >
> > the alt key closing the menu when the line edit has focus is indeed an
> > issue, but not a stopper for the concept esp since it's easily solvable.
>
> When can we expect a patch :-)
>
> Especially one that we (i.e. Jan) can test on users.
Fred and I are currently improving our patches in a kicker branch in  svn. See
branches/kicker/kmenu_search/ . I commited a fix yesterday that the kmenu is
not closed when the user presses accidently the ALT key while the search line
has the focus.

CU Dom
Dominik Seichter - domseichter@web.de
KRename  - http://www.krename.net  - Powerful batch renamer for KDE