List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: really wierd proposal
From:       John Tapsell <john () geola ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-04-08 14:28:21

On Friday 08 April 2005 00:18, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 7. April 2005 23:30, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > On Thursday 07 April 2005 12:47, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Not only games, think about this for everything. Concurrent
> > > collaborative editing of the same document on the same screen, with
> > > access control per user, I would have liked to have this a lot of
> > > times. Sometimes I am
> >
> > and it's already available.. i believe it's called mateedit or something
> > like that.. first debuted as a code editor that a couple of mac-heads
> > dreamt up, but i believe i recently saw an app on kde-apps.org that does
> > it.
>
> The idea of concurrent collaborative editing is ways older than
> subhydraedit or mateedit, first implemented somewhere in 1970/80s.

Emacs!!  How can nobody have mentioned emacs yet?  Emacs has been able to do
this for ages.  Or do I mean xemacs.  I can't remember how exactly, but it is
built in there somewhere :)  You say export to another machine, and type in
the ip.  It exports a second instance to that machine, and then you see each
others cursors etc.

JohnFlux