List:       kde-usability
Subject:    kaboodle_part has (usability) issues!
From:       Luke Sandell <spam () reasonsvoice ! com>
Date:       2005-03-15 3:30:48

So I've noticed some flakiness on behalf of the Embedded Media Viewer
(kaboodle_part), but fixing it should be very trivial. For one, all of the
actions (play, stop) as well as the settings (normal size, half size,
double size, looping, full screen) are in the "Edit" menu, whereas I am
certain they should rather be in the "View" menu. Also, the toolbar control
buttons are duplicated by the widget's built-in buttons at the bottom of
the part. It seems that these "built-in" buttons should be removed; if the
user wants bottons at the bottom, they can drag the toolbar down there.
Finally, I noticed that whenever I resize the Konqueror window, the kpart
always expands the video viewing area in a corresponding manner. While this
may be desirable in some cases, there should be a toggle setting that
allows one to fix the viewing area to the size inherent in the video file
being played while padding the rest of the kpart with empty space.

If there are no objections I will go ahead and file a wish for these.

Luke Sandell