List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Icon emblems
From:       Craig Drummond <Craig.Drummond () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-03-09 19:27:27

> For just folder icons, I would like to make another suggestion.
>
> Many of these: folder_<type> icons consist of the folder icon with a
> smaller icon superimposed on it.  If KDE could do this (like it is {or
> was??} able to do with: "Folder Icons Reflect Contents".  All that would
> need to be changed is where it looked for the name of the icon to use.
> This could be stored along with the icon for the folder in the
> ".directory" file.  This would increase the number of folder icons
> available without having to have more icons -- actually we would have
> less since some could be eliminated.

I also think that all folders should use the same basic "folder" picture, with
whatever else added on top. That way a user can distinguish between a folder
and an executable. After all, all mimetypes have the same basic apperance -
so why should folders be any different?

As an example; look at settings:/ - how do you know when another level of the
heirarchy is going to be opened, or a Kcontrol module started?

Craig.