List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: System Tray Icon Highlighting
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-01 17:05:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 09:02, Florian Graessle wrote:
> I would like to suggest two improvements which should make it easier
> to click system tray icons:

we have no control over the system tray entries. they are out of process
windows. the background could be changed by doing some tricky in/out tracking
and reseting their backgrounds (still won't work with gtk+ apps though, due
to how they are drawn =/ ) but it would be tricky and messy.

as for extending to the screen edge, yes, that'd be nice, but just as
problematic. i'm not sure its worth the extra uglyness in the code.

eventually we'll replace the systray with something new and better.

--
Aaron J. Seigo