List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Is this a 3.4 bug?
From:       Mauricio Bahamonde <elkrammer () kde ! cl>
Date:       2005-02-24 2:59:53

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 22:07, Uno Engborg wrote:
> If you add the trash applet to the kicker and trash the trash on the
> desktop,  I can't find any way to get it back to the desktop.

Try copying kde/share/apps/systemview/trash.desktop to ~/Desktop

> Is this a bug or is it just too unclear how to do it? Not that the
> desktop is a good place to store things, and the kicker would
> be a much better default position in my oppinion, but I really don't
> think that trashing the desktop trash in this way should
> be irreversable.

What version of KDE are you using? I'm using CVS here, and afaik, this has
been fixed, you can no longer right click the trash icon an delete it. If you
don't want it, you just delete the trash desktop file on ~/Desktop.

I agree that it should be easier to get the trash icon back on the desktop.
Perhaps on Configure Desktop -> Behaviour -> Device Icons, adding a trash?
I'm not sure where this should go.

Greetings,

--
Mauricio Bahamonde
<elkrammer@kde.cl>

All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
	-- Homer Simpson.