List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE improvement suggestions
From:       Ziga Kranjec <ziga () ljudmila ! org>
Date:       2005-02-24 2:12:39

><cough>OSX</cough> :P
>

>I must give you credit at least for coming out and pointing at specific things
>rather then just saying "Copy OSX please!"

OSX does get a lot of this stuff right. It seems to influence other
desktop projects a lot, too ;-)
OSX is by no means perfect. I find running X11 applications particularly
horrible and much prefer
Linux for them.

>Some of the ideas already happen in KDE (xml menus), some will probably never
>happen (about this computer, doesn't make sense in our file manu, also we
>have kinfocenter).

User says: "what the hell is kinfocenter?"
"About this computer" is a generic function, which should probably be
available on any desktop
environment under this very name -- it is immediately obvious what it does;
kinfocenter is merely an implementation.