List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE improvement suggestions
From:       Mauricio Bahamonde <elkrammer () kde ! cl>
Date:       2005-02-23 21:15:35

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 16:24, ziga wrote:
> Based on received feedback, we have compiled a list of small
> improvement suggestions, which could help users a lot.
> Some of the things are probably being done elsewere by other
> people already. Some we will try to implement ourselves,
> time permitting.
>
> The list is at
>
> https://wiki.ljudmila.org/index.php/KDE_improvement_suggestions
>
> Suggestions are most welcome.
>
> Žiga Kranjec,
> Ljubljana Digital Media Lab - Ljudmila

Hi,
I personally liked the suggestions regarding Preferences. For KDE 4, KControl
will certainly be redesigned, and I would love to see what you suggested, for
example the possibility to lock/unlock some system settings.

Regarding Konqueror "shelf mockup", a.k.a "sidebar", I personally like it,
it's like OS X Finder, and personally I think it's pretty useful. But I don't
know what other usability gurus think about it.

The Fast File Search is already being worked on and there are many ideas for
this. Scott Wheeler among others, is working on this.

Regarding the Window Manager, I have another suggestion:
I would love to see a Minimize effect, like Genie Effect found on Mac OS X. Of
course our linux's X Servers are still very limited, but maybe that would be
possible with Xorg and it's composite extension.
I would love to see effects like this on next KDE 4.

Keep up the good work!
Greetings,

--
Mauricio Bahamonde
<elkrammer@kde.cl>

I had a letter in the post today. It said 'Gas Bill'.
It sounds a tempting offer.
	-- Alan Cox