List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new KFileDialog
From:       Thomas Zander <zander32 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-23 20:25:52

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:58:13 -0700, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> people generaly use an icon from the speedbar once, maybe twice, while using
> the file dialog to navigate to a location. the speedbar is not the locus of
> attention, and so does not deserve to be treated as such.

You have good points that surely make sense; but the result surely
makes me cringe.  I'm pretty sure its not just a 'I resist change'
feeling either.
I do disagree about the point that giving them a darker background is
giving them MORE focus; my experience is that people are drawn to the
lighter parts. And since the buttons are left aligned (start of
dialog) they need to loose focus a little.

Lets see what the feedback will be after the beta. I gave you my
honest opinion; use it like you see fit :)

ps. I updated my kde yesterday; but I'll update again soon to see if
the color painting is fixed.  Looking at the commit date of the linked
file, I doubt it.

--
Thomas Zander