List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new KFileDialog
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-02-23 10:38:58

Thomas Zander wrote:

> a) the sidebar is not distinctive from the rest of the dialog anymore.
>  This is bad since it controls navigation completely outside of all
> the other widgets.

?? This seems to me the opposite of the truth.  The sidebar has exactly the
same behavior as (some of) the other widgets: change the current location.

[...]

To Aaron:

Personally, I really like the fact that the side bar is now grey, I mean like
the window frame color. So it sticks from the window list to the right.
Previously it was concentrating attention on itself too much.

The only problem is the text color. I don't know if the color theme shown in
the picture is buggy. However, probably you could use a more clever, dynamic,
  algo to create the text color (e.g. invert the bg color).

Maurizio