List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new KFileDialog
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-02-22 21:09:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 21:55, Aaron Seigo wrote:

> empirical, no. a combination of listening to numerous KDE Users whinge for
> however long we've had that thing, watching people who use other platforms
> with nice esthetics respond to KDE and some common sense regarding "things
> that are darker / brighter tend to attract the eye."

About that "attracting the eye" -- in kontact, when I accidentally move the
mouse (or even on purpose) over the labels, they flicker in a mid-gray; in
the file dialog the labels don't flicker. Personally, I can do without
flickering of any description, especially in Kontact.

As for aesthetics: currently the background of the thing is the same colour as
the background of the curiously disfunctional splitter that separates the bar
from the content area, which makes the slader hard to see and, worse, makes
it look as if the dark grey selection rectangle isn't drawn quite correctly.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi