List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new KFileDialog
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-02-22 20:26:58

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 3:52 pm, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> >  Previously it was a darker gray, and it stood out nicely.
>
> that's sort of the issue. it stood out rather glaringly. it's not necessary
> to hit people over the head with sledgehammers, in fact doing so makes our
> gui's appear heavy, busy and "bloated". i hate those terms probably as much
> as you do because we both know it's "just aesthetics", but it's how people
> perceive things.

It probably is just aesthetics, but personally, I really think the old bar was
more useable, since you could see it better. With the Plastik color scheme
and my current monitor settings I can barely even see the thin 1px border
currently around it... I need to actually crane my neck.

Maybe not use the Window background color, but to use a variant of it.. maybe
darkened by 10%?

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.