List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [patch] Making it harder to accidentially quit a system tray
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2005-02-16 14:01:23

Le mar 15/02/2005 à 23:16, James Ots a écrit :
> At least in KDE 3.3.2, the klipper has a popup menu which appears like a menu
> (i.e. next to the icon - rather than at the mouse like a context menu), which
> is lovely because I never it the wrong entry. It also toggles like a menu -
> click on it and it appears, click again and it disappears.

Oh yes, never noticed.
That's a very good thing!

> To have the menu never appear under the mouse pointer. (Is that a QT problem?)

That's also another good solution.

Or perhapse make a minimum delay for the "press, drag and release"
behavior. ie. "click, drag for longer than 0.3 seconds and release".

So, for casual user it would be OK (no menu item that surprisingly don't
work sometimes).
I think most users (right-)click to show the menu, release the mouse and
the re-click the menu item they want.
At least I tryed the "press, drag and release" method and never succeded
to be used to that.

But that would challenge "press, drag and release" users, as I think
this method is quicker, so sometimes faster than 0.3 s, isn't it?
Hum... Perhapse not. 0.3 sec is quick short to move the mouse.