List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "Copy to" in KViewViewer Part
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-02-15 16:40:52

Jason Keirstead wrote:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 9:40 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>When I have an image loaded in Konqueror using the KViewViewer Part, the
>>context menu has a: "Copy To" sub-menu.
>

> This context menu is provided by the kuickcopy plugin in kdeaddons, not by
> Konqueror directly.

I suspected that, but can't find a file for it in either
~/.kde/share/config or ~/.kde/share/apps. :-(

With more research I found the recent directories in:
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc

>>I see a problem, this does not list the directory I selected under:
>>"Documents path" in the: "Paths" KCM.  Obviously (I hope | IMHO) this
>>directory is the most useful -- at least on my system since all user
>>data directories are subdirectories of this directory.
>

> The plugin does not use those directories. The first time you run it, it has
> no history, and just starts off at your filesystem root ('/'). You can then
> browse your whole filesystem via the context menu to select somewhere to copy
> the file to.
>
> Subsequent times it is run, the last 5 directories you chose are in the menu,
> as quick links.
>

>>Or, is this a bug that should be reported?
>

> It is not a bug that it does not use those directories at all.
>
> It could be a feature request though, that it either come spre-poulated with
> those directories, or that they are available via some other mechanism.

Thank you for your response, but that isn't what I was asking about.  I
know how the recently used directories work.  So, perhaps I need to go
into more detail.  The Menu that I get is like this:

	Home Folder
	Root Folder
	Contact
	Browse
	<recent directory 1>
	<recent directory 2>

What I want to do is configure the fixed directories above the line (e.
g. Home Folder, Root folder).  Specifically, I want to add the directory
I selected under:"Documents path" in the: "Paths" KCM.  Or, actually, I
wonder why this folder isn't included by default.

--
JRT