List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Systray Usability
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-02-10 0:16:38

I am sorry for hijacking a thread but this problem is somewhat related.
When using GNOME, KDE apps that use the systray work perfectly, as
advertised.  But once I close and save my session, and reopen it again,
the systray icons for the KDE apps appear "floating" at random places on
the screen, instead of on the systray.  This probably has to do with the
fact that the GNOME session manager is restarting the KDE applications
*before* the systray dock in GNOME has finished starting.

This is also related to another problem.  When kicker dies, systray
icons undock and float in random places, just like in GNOME, and they do
not return to the systray once kicker is restarted.

How can this be fixed?

--
Manuel Amador <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
Amauta