List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: System Preferences
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben+usability () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2005-02-08 5:28:10

On Monday 07 February 2005 2:53 pm, ra1n wrote:
> Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> >>And what about the possibility to open modules in new windows? maybe as
> >>a config option.
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Luca
> >
> > Hehe config options for configs.  Got to love that one.  For the time
> > being how about a command line option?
>
> LOL!
> Well even the actual kcontrol has config options for visualization :-)
> btw.....this could be a command line option, I mean.... it could be
> configurable only from config file, so the user uses only the default
> view, but an advanced user that knows how to tweak a config file could
> simply add it :-D
>
> Luca

Ok, in cvs it is now a command line option.  Really just for people to play
with.  It breaks bug reporting, but at least people can play with the idea of
it floating in another window.  I wouldn't want it to be a configurable
option in the end as it should be one way or the other.  I guess I would
really want to see some sort of user study saying "way X" is better because
"Y" as we can all find pros for both.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox