List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: System Preferences
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben+kdeusability () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2005-02-06 5:58:09

On Friday 04 February 2005 2:15 pm, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 12:33 am, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > I have checked in my "Drill In" prototype in the branch
> > > "drill_in_branch". It is totally beta (search is really buggy), but
> > > hopefullt you will get my concept.
> >
> > screenshot?
>
> I was hoping you could try it out since it is hard to convery what I mean
> via screen shot, which is why I made the branch rather than a GUI mockup.
>
> Just cvs update -r 'drill_in' and build - should only take you a minute
> since only 4 files changed.. After you try it you can cvs update -A to
> restore the HEAD version.

Ok, got a chance to play with it.  It looked just like the settings://
ioslave.  Screenshots would have been fine to convey what it should do.

  As for comments on its design I would have to agree with Evan.  The user had
to guess which folder to go into.  And of course the first wish we would
receive would be .... "Can you have a tree view?" which would lead us back to
what we have today with KControl and I know no one wants that.  I tried to
separate the items out into the four groups and am trying hard for each of
those four groups to not have more then seven items (and hopfully less).

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc