List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: FW: RFC: kspread toolbar simplification
From:       Harijs Buss <hbush () apollo ! lv>
Date:       2005-02-04 11:15:51

On Friday 04 February 2005 12:28, Ariya Hidayat rakstija:

> For KOffice 1.4, I'd like to proprose the following simplification of
> KSpread's toolbar. [...]
> Of course, this based on my (limited) experience and
> observation, so feel free to disagree.

I sometimes wonder - do you guys have any real requests from real life users
_requiring_ such changes?  Or at least results of some decent research
showing statistically significant, undoubtful necessity to make such changes?

KDE users are now in millions, maybe tens of millions - nobody knows for sure.
But one thing is clear: if somebody wants to propose big changes when so many
people are involved, there should be sound reason to do so.

What users hate most, are sudden unnecessary and unwanted changes like
changing "OK" button default position from left to right in Mandrake 10.x.
Your efforts seem to be for users benefit;  it would be worth to ask users
first if they need such changes.

Harry