List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on Juk Interface
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-19 18:12:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 18:09, ra1n wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hi ra1n,

I guess you forgot to CC the application's author and one shouldn't assume he
reads this list on a regular basis, so I'll do that for you.

(Not snipping, so Scott can see it)

> I'm still exploring kde 3.4, and this time I've re-encontered after a
> long time, JuK, it's really improved from last time I've seen it,
> so I've made a poor gimp mockup on some ideas on the interface,
> they are here:
>
> http://ra1n81.altervista.org/juk.png
>
> The Music Filter (Genre/Artist/album elements on the left) come from
> iTunes, and could be a good addiction, especially if you have a huge
> collection (now there is a treeview to do this, but it's not the same as
> having a filter)

Immediate question: Would this be one of the view modes, as an alternative to
the current tree and icon modes?  What would you call this (I would recommend
against "iTunes mode" but something like "Filter Mode" isn't very clear.  Got
any ideas?)

> The volume slider and the history probably need to be placed in other
> places, but I didn't found any better.

I know quite some thought went into putting them where they are.  Perhaps it's
not the best place, perhaps it is - can you explain why you think they might
need to be moved?

> Comments and hints on this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luca